Nav Bar

Thursday 9 October 2014

Puddles And Pinecones!


Thursday 9th October 2014

My first post YAY!!

Soo it seems autumn is finally here and the weather has suddenly got a lot colder and wetter over the past week! It has to be known .. I am not a fan of winter or cold or rain and because of that regrettably I have never let Keira or Aiden play out in it which I now feel kinda bad about! Yesterday was a miserable day and Keira had her injections that morning so we had to go out in the horrible rain anyway so I decided to try and enjoy it and let the kids experience it properly for the first time!

Keira did great at the doctors, only cried a little and got a lovely sticker for being brave. We then walked up to the park, I had brought along a tub so they could collect sticks, leaves, pinecones and anything they could find so we could bring home and make an autumn sensory tray.

I let Aiden out of the pushchair once we got there and he walked about and did his own thing .. wondering off as usual, picking up a few sticks along the way. Keira got stuck in straight away and collected lots of leaves of all colours and shapes!


Aiden seems to have a bit of a fascination with trees, he is always pointing up at them and smiling.

We then found some puddles!! They got straight in, Keira knowing what to do as she is a big Peppa Pig fan! Aiden copying and loving it




Once Aiden saw Keira picking up different bits and putting them in the tub he started to copy her and collected some berries and flowers and placed them in aswel. Keira got very excited when she found some bright pink petals to add. We ended up with quite a colourful collection!



Love to take pictures of flowers.


Aiden enjoyed touching the puddles and splashing like he does when he is in the bath, he also liked touching the moss on the walls which he hadn't experienced before. He was fascinated by the water fountain and tried to reach in to touch the water but found he wasn't quite tall enough yet ..


 
After that we went to the play park across the road for 5 minutes before going home and drying off.


This was a great morning and really took Keiras mind off her injections, once we got home she was quite moany and restless for the rest of the day which I put down to her arms being achy from the jabs, this morning she woke up her usual self again.

I shall be investing in some waterproofs for them both so we can do this a lot more, (knowing British weather we are in for a lot more rain then this!) I feel bad I hadn't given them the chance sooner, maybe because I was never really given the chance when I was younger .. I have now  seen that rain shouldn't stop outside play, its just water and part of the weather and children need to learn about it and know the world doesn't stop because of it.

With the things we collected I am going to make an autumn tray up for the kids to explore over the next couple of weeks until Halloween :O and I have some ideas for a few arty things with the leaves.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment