Nav Bar

Monday 13 October 2014

Our First Pumpkin Picking Experience

13th October 2014

In preparation for Halloween this year I decided instead of going off to Asda as we usually do to get our pumpkins (usually last minute) to go and pick them. I had told Keira about this a couple of weeks ago and she was soo excited, especially when I told her there would be pink ones!
So we decided to go opening weekend rather then later so we had a nice selection to pick from. It had been raining literally all week so we expected ALOT of mud and were ready with the wellies!!
We got there like half hour before they were due to close so went straight in with the wheelbarrow, Keira looking to find the perfect pink one and me wanting the biggest one I could find.




Was funny to watch Keira and Aiden trying to pick the pumpkins up and Aiden trying with all his might to push the wheelbarrow.




We ended up with 6 pumpkins and very muddy wellies! Was a lot more fun then getting them from the shop and a different experience for Keira and Aiden. I would definitely recommend it if there is a pumpkin farm near by. 

Our pumpkins are now in the garden waiting to be gutted and carved which I think may take us a weekend to do and am coming up with some ideas on what to do with the pumpkin guts and slime!

1 comment:

  1. Salaamu aleikoum, Lovely little blog. I'm loving it! Keep it up sis! Henia from The Teal Tadjine

    ReplyDelete